Having a blogger's block? Below you can find ten ideas to use when you are running out of your own ideas. When you use these, I'd appreciate highly if you would link back to this post. In case your blog doesn't ping other blogs automatically, it would also be great if you'd leave a comment with a link to your post. That way I'll be able to see what sort of writing this post has inspired.
- My favorite iPhone/Android photo editing apps - Showcase your favorite photo editing apps. Use your own screenshots and examples.
- DIY roundup - Find the last week's best DIY blog posts and link to them from your blog. Or find your all time favorite DIY's instead. Give short descriptions. Preferably try and make the stuff yourself too and take pics of them.
- The story behind my blog's name - Tell us why your blog is called "My heart is where my heart is". I'm sure there's some story there. It doesn't have to be something profound, just tell how you came up with the name. These things are always interesting.
- Great free fonts - Find a bunch of cool/fun/interesting/great free fonts. List them with examples (make the example pictures yourself) and links to where to get them from. Make sure you are allowed to use the font commercially, if you have ads or other commercial content on your blog.
- There's more to social media than Facebook and Twitter - Do you use an interesting social media service, other than any of the popular and commonly known ones? Write and introduction to this service. Tell us why you use it and how.
- Cool unknown blog worth to check out - We all know these blogs that aren't so popular, but are still great and would deserve more readers. Write about one or a couple of these blogs. Tell what's so great about them. Include a screenshot and link to your favorite blog posts.
- Color posts - Write about a specific color or a couple of specific colors. Include images with the color or the colors displayed prominently. Draw the images or take photos yourself or make sure you have a permission to use those images.
- Learning a new thing - Learn something new and write about it. This can be a series of posts too, about your learning process.
- Etsy finds - Showcase items available on Etsy. Choose items around a certain theme or color.
- Ten blog post ideas - List ten ideas to get over a blogger's/writer's block. You will get ideas for yourself as well as help others in the process. Also there's a chance someone will pick one of your ideas and you will learn something new from their writing. Remember to ask them to link back to your blog/post from their post.
Photo by shira gal under Creative Commons license.